Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year

Every year, like most people, I am asked approximately 1,000 times what my resolutions are for the new year. I don't have any. I think it puts too much pressure on a person to decide to change a bunch of things about yourself or in your life just because it's a certain day. No wonder "New Year's" diets fail so frequently. If I want to do something, I just do it. I don't put it off until January 1st, because if I did that would indicate I don't really want to do it!

I have also gotten away from saying things like, "I hope 2012 is better than 2011!", because if it's not better than 2011? I am dead. Heh. Literally. If by March 6th, 2012 has not tried to kill me, it will officially be better than 2011. I'm not too worried about the Mayan calendar thing, either. I see no good reason that the world should end so soon, so I'm not sweating it.

So, 2012? I have absolutely no expectations of you. I'm not going to jinx myself by dragging it out and detailing all the things I would like to be better in 2012, so, bye bye, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment