Friday, March 22, 2013

The Slump

I have started lots of paintings recently, but I don't know when or if I'll finish any of them.  This happens from time to time.  Eventually I'll start cranking paintings out again, and they'll probably be better than the last batch.  Then I'll get really frustrated and hate all of my art, and then I'll suddenly be way better again.  It's a frustrating cycle, but I've finally learned to look forward to the "high" instead of dwelling on all the lows.

To cheer me up, and freshen up the blog, here's some of my newer paintings.

I noticed I didn't have many paintings that used a lot of green late last year, and decided I would work on that.  Well, now it seems I can't stop.  Two of the three paintings I have up in Photoshop right now are predominately green - whoops.  This will probably turn out like the winged mermaid phase, which I seem to be out of now.

...But I kind of want to draw another one, now that I mention it.  Double whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment