Saturday, July 27, 2013

Staying on Track

I hear from a lot of artists who complain that they have a hard time staying on track.  Maybe they have a day job and/or children, or maybe they struggle with procrastination.  For me, the ultimate motivator and the best way to keep my day organized and get the most done with my art time, is to make a list every day of what I need to accomplish.

I use the Calendar app that came with my Mac.  I can color code everything (work, painting time, personal time, art shows, and done) and easily move things from one day to another if I don't manage to finish everything.  And yes, I do put every little thing on my list.  I am very forgetful and if I don't put it on the list I might not remember to do it.

Sometimes I keep a paper list, but a lot of the time I end up misplacing it, or the piece of paper becomes clutter in the workshop or studio.

And that's it for today!  I have a lot of work to do and only a few days to get it done.

1 comment:

  1. I do end up feeling like my art takes second, third, or even sixth place behind job, school, cooking, cleaning, etc. I am not sure I'd even survive with lists ofblocked in time.

    ReplyDelete